Job Title: General Administrative Manager (Home Office Based)
Shift: Full-time flexible hours with some evening and weekend requirements
Company: Motorcyclists Confederation of Canada & All Terrain/Quad Council of Canada
Description: A one year contract position that could develop into a unique long-term opportunity for the right individual. As the only employee the term “manager” refers to dividing your time between the administrative duties as well as specific projects as defined by each of the volunteer boards for both not-for-profit organizations.
Organizations Background information:
Motorcyclists Confederation of Canada (MCC):
The Motorcyclists Confederation of Canada (MCC) is the national not-for-profit advocacy organization for the promotion of motorcycling interests. We work with member organizations to unite Canadian motorcyclists by promoting, protecting and preserving their rights so they are free to enjoy motorcycling as a sport, leisure activity, and means of personal transportation.
We provide a forum for members from across the country to share in our expertise and communicate their needs to key decision makers and the public. Collaborating with member federations, clubs, partners, international organizations and individual patrons, MCC advances public policy and traffic safety issues that are important to Canadian motorcyclists.
MCC communicates with government (both politicians and officials), communities of interest and the media to ensure our voice is heard and our recommendations acted upon. Our goal is to make on- and off-road riding safe, accessible and enjoyable for everyone. Through our alliances with member organizations and international partners, we deliver a strong voice and respected place for Canada in the motorcycling world.
As a founding patron of the Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Fame, MCC is also committed to preserving Canada’s motorcycling heritage.
All Terrain/Quad Council of Canada (AQCC):
AQCC is a united group that is composed of Provincial / Territorial Federations or Associations across Canada that represents ATVers best interests. It creates in itself a national body to work on the establishment of a national trail systems that will link all jurisdictions in Canada. It’s also a resource for member organizations to corroborate their efforts to overcome obstacles. AQCC is the national voice that will speak to various governments or partner organizations on behalf of ATV enthusiasts.
The AQCC has a clear mission, it will work on 5 major components safety, land access, land management, environmental concerns along with a long term funding plan. AQCC is also proactive by promoting ATVing as fun sport that can be enjoyed with friends and or family members while adhering to a code of ethics.
The AQCC’s mandate is to improve and develop the sport of All Terrain Vehicle / Quad riding nationally by providing a strong support to it member organizations.
• Administration of AQCC and MCC operations including the management of day-to-day operations, telephone and email enquiries.
• Working knowledge of day to day finances, expense reports, budgets, and banking requirements.
• Provide administrative and logistical support to the volunteers including the boards, standing and ADHOC committees, and related events and functions.
• Preparation, distribution and presentation of the material for face to face and teleconference meetings.
• Design and coordination of the annual general meetings (AGM) and conferences.
• Preparation of reports which may consist of gathering, summarizing, and analyzing data as requested.
• Management of the safety training programs, including the printing and distribution of training materials as well as the management of the related databases.
• Websites and social network maintenance and posting.
• Newsletter creation, publication and distribution.
• Development and fostering of relationships with customers, associates, vendors, business partners and government.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Preference will be given to candidates who have practical knowledge of ATVing, Off-road and or on-road motorcycling activities and cultures.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Executive Assistant / Office Manager.
• Bilingualism preferred (English / French – verbal and written communications) – English is essential.
• Self-starter with a high degree of initiative, motivation, flexibility, energy and creativity and the ability to work independently.
• Experience with basic budget and financial principles and oversight, including experience with Quick Books financial software.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Publisher, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• A working knowledge of CASL and the Canadian Privacy Act.
• Exemplary writing skills including the ability to take minutes.
• Basic understanding of Canadian Not-For-Profit Organizational structure and relevant procedures, by-laws, etc.
• Experience in creating and maintaining written policies and procedures.
• Relevant social media expertise. (Facebook & Twitter account set up and management)
• Incumbent could reside anywhere in Canada.
• Ability to travel overnight, both domestically and internationally. (Must have a passport)
• A valid driver’s license.
• Availability to have a private office area set-up in the incumbent’s home.
________________________________ Attention: ___________________________
You must submit a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.
Please submit by email to: email@example.com